Sunday, December 15, 2013

Sunday Social #80

Sunday Social

I'm linking up with Neely & Ashley for the Sunday Social!



1. What is your favorite Holiday Movies/TV Specials?
I always watch National Lampoon's Christmas VacationElf, and old school movies: Rudolph (with the Abominable Snowman) and Frosty the Snowman




2. Do you do any volunteering during the holidays?
I volunteer at the Dallas Arboretum through Junior League, so I'll be giving tours of the DeGolyer House this year. Come see the Angels

3. What is your favorite toy received as a child for the holidays?
Go-Kart! I wrecked it two months later, but it was fun while it lasted!

4. What was your must have item in high school for the holidays? 
My parents bought me a sound bar for my Jeep in high school. It was a "must have" for me, because without it, I couldn't hear the stereo when the top was off. First world problems.

5. What do you do on Christmas Eve?
We spend Christmas Eve at my grandmother's house with my Dad's side of the family. There is lots of food & champagne -- recently, we've been serving surf n' turf, rather than turkey/ham (I mean, who wouldn't rather have lobster?)! We have a gift exchange and play several rounds of Battle of the Sexes and Pass the Pigs too

4 comments:

  1. I love both of those games! I asked for "Pass the Pigs" a few years ago and no one here knew what I was talking about. I had to give them the link on Amazon so they got the right item. We don't play board games on Christmas Eve but something we should consider. Hope you have a great week!

    Sean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I think you're the only other person I've talked to that knows about Pass the Pigs too!! Have a good one!

      Delete
  2. Your Christmas Eve tradition sounds great!

    ReplyDelete